What address should I use on my account when I make a payment?
Thanks to Tahiyye L. of Wingate, North Carolina for this suggestion.
- On the application you will first be asked to provide your physical address. This is the address where you live and where the phone line from the local telephone company is installed.
- Next you will be asked to provide your billing address – where you receive mail. This may be a PO Box and that is fine. This is the address we will use when we mail statements, send a refund, etc.
- On the credit card payment page your physical address will automatically transfer from your application page to this page.
- Next you will be asked for your billing address where the credit card company mails your monthly statement. It is very important that this address be completed exactly as it is on your monthly credit card statement including the correct zip code.
- When the credit card company checks to verify your payment, they will compare this address against what they have on file for your address with them.
- If the address does not match, your payment will be declined. This is a protection the credit card company has in place to make sure someone is not trying to use a stolen credit card.
- If you should have a payment declined for address mismatch, please locate your most recent credit card statement and re-apply using the exact same address as the credit card company uses when it mails you a credit card bill.