Why is a fee charged to make a payment?
Thanks to Sherry H. of Asheboro, North Carolina for this suggestion.
- To provide our customers with easy access to multiple payment options, Pay Tel has contracted with various third party payment providers including Western Union, MoneyGram, a Website Payment Provider and Automated Phone Payment provider, Live Payment Center.
- All of these providers charge a payment processing fee for their services. Pay Tel has negotiated the lowest possible processing fee from all providers.
- Pay Tel passes on this low fee to our customers with no mark up or profit to PayTel.
- Pay Tel does not charge a payment processing fee when customers pay us directly with a check or money order.
- Save money when making payments by opening an account quickly using one of the automated payment providers, then plan ahead to regularly mail a check or money order to Pay Tel.
- Payments received through the mail are posted the day received.